We arrived in Kalamazoo last night at 10 something... When i first saw the boys i just started crying!!! They were so changed. Bigger than i remember. I wanted to just hold onto them forever!!! It was a magical homecoming. Jerry's parents were there with the boys of course and then several friend families!!! It was so wonderful to see everybody and they were all so excited to see Kimi and Maria! :) Maria of course clung to me... Kimi was her excited and charming self! I seriously can't even begin to explain all the feelings that were going on in me last night. When we loaded all the kids in their carseats and were ready to drive off, I realized we had ALL four of our kids in the SAME CAR!!!!!! oh my. We had a good ride home... nobody screamed. The girls fell asleep and Alex talked almost nonstop all the way home... 35 minutes or so. Poor Anthony... he tried to talk above Alex, but he finally settled for listening and adding "me too" once in a while! haha!
At the airport, Anthony was pretty quick to tell me that he wanted to GO HOME! The boys have been staying at grandma's and grandpa's and didn't even visit home except yesterday to bring all their stuff home. So they were getting home sick... as well as mama and dada sick! :) I couldn't agree with Anthony more!!!
When we got to the house... the girls were asleep so we had to wake them to bring them in... Kimi was fine of course. Maria... she hates to be awakened. so she is grumpy and doesn't want to be put down... however... surprisingly it didn't take her long and she was "running" around the house looking at everything... exploring! It was exciting... it was Alex all over again... once she looked around she was HOME. Settled. If that is even possible for a newly adopted child. But if you have had an adopted child like that you will understand what i mean. It just means they are comfortable and seem to know the travel and vegabond-ness is over. We showed them their room and i took some pictures of course. Then we all knelt and prayed in the girls room. We are so thankful that God has given us these FOUR children. The i made them all sit on the couch and take pictures together!!! Oh my word... i was pretty emotional the rest of the evening... well... we finally were all in bed at about 2 am. Everybody was pretty wound up and excited, even though all of us were dead tired!
So i realize that i haven't actually finished blogging the trip, but i will soon... the internet was just so stinkin' slow and we were sooo busy doing everything in China we had dreamed of for so long. But over the next couple of weeks i will finish the story! :) We will also be doing some serious photoshooting around here!!
Our first Christmas with girls!!! WOW!!! I can't even believe we no longer have a dossier sitting in some other country waiting for a child. Its kind of weird, really. We are pretty sure we are not done doing dossiers, but we will wait for God's "go!" There's an awful lot of little orphans left.
7 in heaven, #sprinklejoyforivy
9 years ago



14 comments:
Welcome Home! I'm glad you all made it safe and sound. I'm looking forward to reading the continuing story...
Welcome HOME Maria, and Kimi!
So happyto hear everything was going well.... I figured blogging would be slow once everything was settled in... but it will be fine... After all, you have all you need right now, just enjoy all four of those cuties!
Welcome home. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures and see pictures of all the kiddos together. Best wishes with the time change.
Oh, I am in tears! Such a beautiful post on such a priceless homecoming. So glad you are home and all is well. Can't wait to hear updates. I'll try not to stalk your blog. ;-). LOL!!!
We received one loa this week, but unfortunately not both the boys' LOAs. Not sure when it will catch up but hopefully soon.
Congratulations!!! I was wondering this morning when you were traveling HOME! I know you must be very exciting to have all your little kiddos under the same roof finally. I guess you got an early Christmas present. I keep telling everyone I got mine in June!!...and I am still amazed she is really home.
Congrats and welcome home! So thrilled for you guys. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story when you have some time.
Welcome home girls (and mom and dad). Glad you had such a great homecoming and that the girls settled in so nicely. Cannot wait to see all 4 together. I bet it's going to be a fun playhouse for a while while all 4 get to know each other :) So so so excited for you! Happy early Christmas Cooks!
Just started reading again. reading and crying tears of Joy G.A.
Glad to hear you will be adopting again. Have a wonderful Christmas and please keep us posted as to how things are going. Blessings
Welcome home Cooks! Hope you're resting up and feeling healthy and happy and whole
I keep checking each day to see how you are. I know that the adjustment is now beginning for your sons as well as your daughters. I hope you have a great support team for yourself and that you are hanging in there with jetlag and your new expanded family.
I know I've said it elsewhere, but WELCOME HOME!! I have been thinking of you a lot and hoping that you're all getting settled into your new life as a family of 6!! Can't wait to see photos of all the kiddos together. Must feel like a dream come true! Big hugs!
I'm so bummed I missed your journey. We moved 3 weeks ago and I have been so busy...I haven't been on the computer much. I can't wait to read through your old posts! Congratulations on your daughters again!
Debbie
Hi, I found your blog from the Hengyang yahoo group. We are leaving in a few months to adopt a baby from the Hangyang orphanage. I was wondering we could email and connect about your experience. Also, I see that one of your daughters came from tianjin. I worked in the Tianjin SWI for a year back in 2003. My email address is: lisaamos@juno.com
Post a Comment