Tomorrow we will once again open our garage and house to sell things to raise some more money. It should be an interesting day, as we did not advertise anywhere but at church and on Craigslist. We will put our signs out on the roads and wait for people to come!!! There is a big Antique market going on tomorrow in a town near us and we expect to get traffic from that as well. Last time God gave us $2500 plus $1000+ in WeedFreeGardeBed sales. IN THREE DAYS!!!!!! That was miraculous!
Also the other day we received updated pictures of Kimi from Hengyang!
Her measurements:
height :100cm[Christel Cook] 39.5 inches
weight :13kg[Christel Cook] 28.5 pounds
head :46cm[Christel Cook] 18 inches
chest :50cm[Christel Cook] 19.5 inches
She can walk by herself
She can call "Mom and grandma "But not very clear ....she understands simple sentences too ...
We were very excited to read that she can walk by herself, since she has the diagnosis of "doubted cerebral palsy." She is of course skinny, but we expected that! But otherwise she looks good. Her sad face breaks my heart... i cried for a good 15 minutes because i just want to get her and hold her and make her smile. She is three and a half, people!!!! She has been without a mommy for WAY too long!!! The thought of Alex or Anthony not having us for all this time is just unbearable for me.
On Friday China posted updates for Maria too on their site... so as soon as we have the translations we should have some new info on her. They posted the same pictures that we received from Ann but there are several pages of writing, so we are excited to hear about what she is doing these days!



7 comments:
Best wishes with your sales today. I'll be anxious to hear how it goes. Kimi is just precious...sad face and all. The transformation is just incredible those first few months.
Updates are so exciting (and heartbreaking all at the same time). Thanks for sharing!
I wish you the best of luck on that sale of yours. Kimi is just way too cute and I would sit and cry myself If I didn't have her in my arms. Just think, you guys are just about there.
hugs,
Sherri
Beautiful! So exciting to get updates, and that's wonderful that she is walking on her own. I agree that going 3 years without a Mom is just horrible. Breaks my heart.
Oh she is sooo sweet!! Do you have any time frame of when you might get to travel? I am just so excited for you. I don't know how I waited so long for Jadalyn. I can't hardly wait for her to wake up in the mornings now!! Are the men in your house ready for the girlieness that is coming ;)
Holy Tamoly I had no idea...two beautiful girls. I am so excited for you. Please feel free to email or call with any travel questions. It is all still fresh. Great experience-MUCH easier than KZ!
Congrats again!!!!
I am so excited for you! It's gonna be a crazy ride, but if you are like me, crazy is just right for me!! I just wanted to tell you that our beautiful Asian girl is also 3.5 (she will be 4 Nov 20) but she is the same height and about 2 pds more. She eats all the time, but she's just so thin. Just in case you were wondering about sizes (you probaby already know, bu thought I would tell ya) I am buying her 4t in shirt and pants bc her torso is long and so are her legs. I have to buy the adjustable waist thought, because if I don't they fall right off! :) She is also in size 8.5 shoe (just now..she can still wear 8 but getting too small) I don't know if this will help at all, but thought I would just let you know!
Congratulations and I can't wait to see how your jouney goes!!
Mysty
Post a Comment