Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Finally... I get my blog on RQ!!

For years now, i have thought how exciting it would be to get to post my China blog on RQ when it was time for referral. RQ (Rumor Queen, as she is called) does a "Babies" post every time referrals come out. She has a section for people in other programs which includes the Special Needs program or other countries. I never did post on there when we went to Kazakhstan for the boys, even though we have been waiting for Kimi since before we went to Kaz. But now, it is time!!!! Wooohooo! its just so exciting to share our adoption in China with others in the program, too!

For those hopping over from RQ, Welcome!! We have been logged in since August 8, 2006 and just switched to Special Needs in June, we found our first daughter just a week and a half after switching and our second daughter a month or so later! Should you be interested you can start back in June and follow the whole story! We feel honored that God has called us to bring two girls home at the same time! It is completely a dream come true!

What is even more exciting, is that China has started allowing two adoptions at once as long as you qualify and choose a Special Focus Child as well as another child. This is an amazing answer to prayer, that i never even imagined!

We are currently fund-raising... we have sold a lot of things from our household and donations that we have been given, we still have lots of things listed on ebay and craigslist. Our biggest item we would like to sell is our motorhome... we are a little sad to see it go, it has been such a great motorhome, but we would a millions times over rather have our girls from China!!

We would really appreciate your prayers for us. For our daughters and for our boys who will be staying home with Grandma and Grandpa while we go to China. Please pray that we are able to travel very, very, very soon! I have been praying for the 7th... :)

Thanks so much for comments! We love them! Its so nice to hear from everyone. We love the support!!

5 comments:

doug and terryr said...

How exciting to see all that is happening in your family! We brought our daughter home from China in march 2006...and each day is better than the last!!!

Terrye in FL

Debbie said...

Congratulations! Your daughters are beautiful...any your sons are adorable. Isn't adoption the best? Enjoy your trip to China.

Unknown said...

Hi Christel:)
I don't know if I have already contacted you or not, but we brought our daughter Liya home from Tianjin in April. Her Chinese name is Wei Jia Ming. She was in foster care in Jinghai, which is where a lot of the kids go.
If your Jia Yi is in the CWI, email me @ amynurse2000@yahoo.com
I have a contact who volunteers there every week!

Amy
w8ing4aprincess on RQ

Hebnix said...

We are still soooo happy for you guys! Great to hear everything is going well.

K said...

I am so glad that I found your blog on RQ. I have a log in date of 4/15/2007 for my first nsn child. I'm going to be one of the last single women to adopt from China as I got my dossier in two weeks before their policy change.

With the announcement last month of the new Special Interest program, I am now deciding if I can possibly do what you are doing and adopt two girls together, then wait for my referral and have my third daughter.

Congratulations on finding both of your little daughters. I hope you can travel soon to bring them home. I hope you will stop in at my blog and offer me any insights you can. Just so happens my name is the same as your daughter's, spelled the same way, too.