Friday, October 1, 2010

Praise God!!!

I just have to write... We have been fund raising... mostly by selling stuff that we have. But this last couple of weeks Jerry has been getting scrap metal from his job, he is demolishing a gas station, and we had decided that any thing God gave us from scrap we would pay tithe on and the rest would go into the baby-fund. Well... he has received about 5500 dollars!!! Isn't that amazing!!? He is working hard though in order to get it all... stuff like wiring, he has to pull all out of the conduit, then he had to take apart a walk-in-cooler that he sold to someone, and a giant carbon filter system he sold to someone, as well as taking all the aluminum off the building. He doesn't mind, he is happy for the opportunity. We sold all that stuff at our sales and got about 2500. Then we cashed in our little roth Iras, those were just sitting there with a whole 4500 in it (we invest in physical assets now instead of paper), it hit my bank account today!!!!!! YAY!!! Then... this is the most amazing! Some friends of ours, that we haven't spent any time with since last year called out of the blue and said they wanted to help!! We were so happy, not just because they were helping us, but because they want to help some orphans! Both Jerry and i cried when Jerry got off the phone with them... well on Wednesday, Jerry called them, because they had said a couple days before that they had plans for us... we were happy to get the chance for more work, so Jerry called them to meet the husband and pick up the plans (as in prints for a job) He handed Jerry and envelope with a check in it for our fund and then jerry asked about the plans... confusion ensued... hahahaha! they had been talking about plans to help us!!! we laughed, they were probably thinking we were so bold to be asking for the money!!! when we thought we were asking for plans to bid on a job!!! So we left and headed down the road, i finally opened the envelope and there was a check for 2000 dollars! I could barely get the words out and i was bawling, i mean sobbing... i couldn't even talk and it took me about 10 minutes to recover... meanwhile the boys are in the back saying "why are you crying momma?" over and over and over... and since Anthony copies everything Alex says... its a lot!

I just thank God for those friends and their desire to help some little orphan girls become orphans NO MORE!!! I pray that God will give them that money back over and over so they can continue to give it for God's GLORY!!!



Today, i received an email from a new friend that has a friend in China, that volunteers at Maria's orphanage, yesterday she emailed her friend asking if she knew Maria and today we received an answer back...

"I know her, in fact, I've played with her several times. She is a cutie and I think her delays are due to institutionalism. She waves good bye, blows kisses, walks well, etc.....a very cute girl. The ayis told me about 3 weeks ago that she was going to America and they seem very excited for her."

That just makes me cry with happiness and sadness... i want her now! and i am so happy she is walking!!! Her waving and blowing kisses just melts my heart! She sounds so sweet, even without mommy. :)

Soon... baby... soon.

8 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so happy for your family, Christel. Continued blessings.

Carolin said...

God is good all the time. All the time, God is good!!! SOOO happy for you guys. Praise to our Father for these blessings!!!

Goosebumps galore as I read your post!

Cheri said...

What an amazing story. I pray things continue to go well for you. I'm looking forward to following your travels on blogger.

Sherri said...

Christel,
That is so awesome!! I hope you continue on getting those blessings. I myself can't wait to start our fund raising, if only we had an idea as too when. I think come January maybe a good time for us. I'm so very HAPPY for you.
love,
Sherri

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

The girls are both BEAUTIFUL!!! Kimmi is from my daughters orphanage. I did not know there was a hengyang city yahoo group. Could you send me a link?? My friend is heading to Changsha to get her almost 1 yr old from Hengyang as well. She has a November 8th gotcha day. I will say a prayer tonight that your TA and travel come God speed!!! Congratulations! Mary

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is so great to get that little extra info on your daughter and the help from your friends... so awesome... take care...

Anonymous said...

How incredible! God is so good and so faithful! I am so excited for you that things are moving along so well! Can't wait to hear when you get that beautiful TA!!!

Debbie said...

So glad that God is providing for your family so you can make it to China and get your two beauties. It must feel great to hear an update on Maria! What a blessing to get a good report.