Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What a Day!!!


Today the most wonderful miracle happened to us! We almost always file an extension on our taxes... don't ask me why, habit, maybe? Well, our CPA called to ask how much of the refund to deposit into our HSA account, since the amount of the refund exceeded the limit on the HSA. The whole reason I wanted it deposited there, was i thought it wouldn't be that big of a refund, since we didn't make much last year and we didn't pay much in taxes. I mean i was expecting less than a thousand dollars. But God had other plans! Some of my friends know that i disagree with the stimulus packages that our government administration has been doing, but today God worked something for "good to them that love God to them who are called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28. Because when i asked how much our refund was... the answer was something over 9000 DOLLARS!!!!!!!! He explained why... and i was just stunned!!! After i hung up with him, I just started bawling!!!! I had to call Jerry of course, who was elated, too!! We now have 24,000, we only need a few more thousand!!! Woohooooo!!! I never even dreamed up this one, and i have thought of a lot of weird scenarios!!! This is so amazing! I am overwhelmed!!! This video describes how i feel today!

This is a picture i took of the boys holding our LOCs, back in September.

10 comments:

Jstar said...

Who knew President Obama would be financing your adoption? Awesome!!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

That's fantastic news. Wow!! I'm so happy for your family.

Sherri said...

lol....too Jstar's comment, that's funny.

How awesome is our GOD? AWESOME!! Wow, that's just wonderful and I love the video as well. Never heard it.

Hugs,
Sherri

Anonymous said...

I am in awe! God can do "exceedingly abundantly!" He is building such a testimony in your family for His glory!

Cheri said...

Woohoo! Yes, that sounds more like a fantasy than reality. I'm so happy for you both.

Jennifer said...

Wow Christel! What a huge blessing! Amazing!

K said...

Oh My Goodness! What a HUGE blessing!!! I cannot imagine the relief you must be feeling now! God's hand is certainly on your adoption of these two little girls!

momwithfaithandhope said...

God is so good!! Can't wait to see you hold those girls in your arms.

Christine said...

Yeah! What a relief! Congrats on TA and God is taking care of all of us! I love hearing about miracle stories.

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

I am sooooo happy for you guys!!! Oh my goodness are those little boys of yours just too cute for words too!!! Your family is just going to spoil those babies to death while you are in China. And for Thanksgiving woo hoo! We came home 2 days before Thanksgiving last year. Pack layers it will be quite chilly in Changsha and that wind can be pretty brutal. I will be following your jouney to the 2 beautiful amazing girls that will be joining your family so I hope you plan to blog in China!! Love Mary