Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gone...


Well... my heart is too sad for words... The second little girl that we thought would be ours is gone from the shared list. Both Jerry and I truly believed she was ours, but clearly, not. I often have been told by other adoptive parents that you just KNOW when a child is yours. I am no longer a believer in that!!! I know God will bring us the children that He wants us to raise as long as we are willing, but i don't always think i will know which one it is supposed to be... I mean look at Anthony, he is clearly supposed to be in our family, but i wasn't sure about him for a long time... since we lost a match with another child that we THOUGHT was Anthony... I lost confidence in the "you'll just know" hypothesis. So for me the evidence is stacking up. :)

I am very happy for her, on the other hand, if she has found her forever family, i really, really wish it was us, but we will look for another little girl who needs us as much as we need her. I hope that we can find her soon, this is really hard on my heart. *insert tears here*

Of course i will update here as soon as i know anything else...

I could use some prayers.

2 comments:

Jstar said...

We will join you in gratitude for your one and sorrow for your second. What a mixed up time for you guys. Prayers and blessings.

Jstar said...

And I totally agree about the lie of "knowing" a child is yours. Maybe it does work that way for some people, but not for us, either. And, you know, I'm kinda glad. I don't want to fall head over heels for a kid in a picture that I decide is "mine" - I want to fall head over heels for the kid who *becomes* mine.