Sunday, November 7, 2010

Just 7 Sleeps Left...


Until Departure day!!!!! Oh my word!! I can hardly believe it!!! My heart does flip-flops and i have to catch my breath just thinking about it!!! We have a lot of stuff to complete before then.

Yesterday at church they had us come up and they prayed over us for a safe and successful trip to China, it was wonderful. I am assured it will be both as this is God's plan for our family!

It is going to be so hard to leave the boys next Sunday, but i think the plan is to drop them at Grandma and Grandpa's and have Grandpa take us to the airport to drop us off. Then They will keep our truck at their place so they have access to our house and shop. I think there will be less tears from the kids if we do it that way. I will have the half hour drive to the airport to stop crying about leaving my little boys! haha!

This last week i got the girls' suitcase packed. It is full! My goal is to only have 3 suitcases... i should be able to do that, right? I have almost everything for them ready. I have a few little knick knacks to do for them. I bought them each one of those Corolle dolls, the Asian one named Yang. Theya re so cute! I can't believe i have little dolls in the room!! Then i will pack us up on Thursday or Friday, and just have to do those last minute things on Sunday before we leave!!

Alex's birthday is tomorrow... 5 he will be FIVE!!!!! I am so glad we will be able to spend it with him... as we have not missed a birthday with him so far! His request was Cheesecake and the Airzoo. We had Cheesecake already yesterday and will do the airzoo tomorrow... Not sure what else we will come up with.

We have some new pictures of Maria... we think. We think she is in some pictures from another little girl's birthday party at the orphanage. If it is her... her hair is growing! I hope it is still there when we get there next week! But we will see. Please tell me if you think it looks like her, too. Here's a picture for comparison. I know this one is her! The main this that gives her away to me is her little/big ears and how they stick out. And her beautiful little lips!





I made some flower headbands for the girls this last week. The boys modeled for me! heehee The girls are going to look SO much better in them!

4 comments:

Jstar said...

Oh hooray, hooray, can't wait to follow along on your journey!!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I can't wait to follow your journey too! The boys look darling in their sister's headbands. Happy 5th birthday! Blessings and safe travels!!

Jennifer said...

You have such beautiful boys (wink, wink). :-) They are indeed very handsome, and I can't wait to see the flower headbands on the real little owners.

I can't believe you're only 7 sleeps away!! Woo hoo!! This has been one of your dreams for so long- since well before I met you, and I'm so incredibly happy to see it coming to fruition for you! (So what are you going to do for the next five years?!) :-)

Hebnix said...

Wow, its happening so quickly!

So happy to see this for you guys!

I will be watching as you travel, so cool to watch you finally!