
The Sun-rise this morning... on our drive to the train station!
These amazing high-rise buildings! They are building a ton of them!!!
Alex & Anthony... can you see the elevator on the outside of the building? Right in the middle of the picture.

Finally on the train! It is called the Bullet. It goes over two hundred miles per hour!!! So our ride to Tianjin was only about 40 minutes!! We did get you boys a surprise though...


Along the way... we saw fields of small trees and other things growing... could always tell what they were, but all the land was being used, that is for sure! Daddy took some video of the trip and then a few pictures. We had one stop along the way. Very short.

Then we came to Tianjin!!!! Yay! we took a bunch of pictures on the way to the Hotel.



Here's one of those funny bicycles! Hardly looks like it would go at all!!!

The tiny little car parked next to the bike!

When we got to the hotel we took our stuff up and get everything together to go get MARIA!!!!


Here is our room at this hotel... isn't it nice?!

And our fancy bathroom!

Then off we went to the Orphanage! More bikes! I even saw a bike repair cart along the way... A lady had a cart full of bike parts and people were coming to her to fix their bikes!


Another funny bike! Lots of people have these! You can pedal them and then when you get tired or need to go faster you turn on the little motor!

then all of a sudden we were there!!!! AHHHHH!!! Its actually called the "Tianjin Rehabilitation Center for Disabled Children."

It was soooo nice inside! There were paintings all over the side walls. There were benches around and little statues or animals around.

Here was a little play area.

We went the wrong way... and had to turn around and go back down the lane to the office.
This lady is not the director but apparently she runs everything and she has done all the work for Maria to be adopted... so she received the gift i brought for the director. A package of Jerry's very favorite pens and some chocolates.
Daddy... all ready to video Maria coming in!
This was our first view of her! I am actually not sure if that was a little laugh or wanting to cry!
They were showing her the pictures of us and then pointing to us... She still didn't want to come to me, but i just took her anyways!
We were looking at the pictures some more.

They gave her some chocolate to try to make her NOT cry... See how she was holding herself... as far away form me as she could...

And stiff and straight... When i would lean to kiss her cheek she pulled away even further!

Remember... she is almost 2!


Having a few daddy moments. She is not so sure about this GUY...

haha! scowling!!!

Her favorite and main caregiver.


The receiving room at the orphanage.

When i came down the stairs, this is what i saw... It broke my heart... these children are NOT even disabled... they just need mommies and daddies!!!


This is one of the pictures painted on the ceiling. So cute and imaginary for the kids!


Leaving the orphanage!!!

The long lane leading OUT!!!


Then we walked a couple of block so we could find another taxi...



Back in our room... we took off her coat and shoes! She wanted her coat off, but not the shoes... Maybe she is a little like Anthony... loves her shoes!

And she is ticklish, but still afraid to let go yet!

She hasa sore on her lip... it looks like a cold sore, but no one in our family gets them, so i am not sure if it really is or not.

Don't you just love her outfit. The clothes were fairly new, just boy-ish... She had on two layers and then her coat, a gift form the orphanage.

She was playing pretty good with mommy for a bit, but when daddy comes around she shuts down!

She's a mess... :)

Had to get her naked eventually and see if we couldn't make her look like a little girl! :) Lotion and all.

New diaper, size 3... she could fit a smaller, but this seems to work for her. She is realy tiny around... but had chunky legs as you can see.

Dolled up... This is the VERY FIRST dress i bought for Kimi... although Kimi is too big for it... Maria could wear it for a minute, because it is too small for her! Surprised me... but her belly is pretty big around even though her arms are teeny and her waist is tiny, and she weighs hardly anything! I couldn't button the top button in the back... i was afraid i would choke her!! ha!



Getting something to eat!

I gave her doll to her. She likes her to say the least... she just looked and looked and touched and touched the doll's face.


Finally i just had to put another dress on her... That other dress must be for a much smaller 12 month old... Because this one fits perfect, and i thought it would be too small... Can't wait to try the other clothes on her!


She threw a screaming fit when it was time for a nap... we let her scream for a few minutes and then we comforted her... Jerry held her hand while she fell asleep. She looks like a little angel.

She sucks her two middle fingers! kind of funny!





19 comments:
hahaha! YOu teased us with all the scenery pictures! She is just precious. I love all her little looks she was giving. I can't believe you have her. You just took her with you and now she's yours!!! So awesome. I am crying a little right now. Can't wait to meet her!!
She's just precious. I'm so happy for your family.
Christel and Jerry... Congratulations on new daughter #1!! Maria is so precious! I'm so happy for you! The pictures are wonderful...Nancy :-)
Christel - praise God!! I am so excited for you and your family. Maria is absolutely beautiful and I know she will finally be getting that love and attention that she needs.
Such a pretty little girl! Those cheeks of hers are just adorable! Poor baby girl- on the cusp of the terrible two's (girls are SASSY! so be prepared!), and afraid and grieving. I always love Gotcha days, but they also make me sad for the pain and confusion of the kiddos.
Rest easy sweet Maria- you don't know it yet, but you have a good Mama and Papa now to love you.
Oh my...Maria is sooooo cute!!! I am so excited to meet her in person. I am hooked already!!! God is good ! Thank you for blogging and allowing us the oppurtunity to share in your journey !!!
God is so good. Maria is Soooooo cute !!! I can't wait to meet her. I am hooked already !!! I am so thankful that you blog and allow us to share in your journey !!!
Tears of JOY of your family! Maria is precious! Can't wait to see her grow and blossom with the love of your family. I also can't wait to see what she's going to think when she meets her sister. :)
Love you guys!
Tears of JOY of your family! Maria is precious! Can't wait to see her grow and blossom with the love of your family. I also can't wait to see what she's going to think when she meets her sister. :)
Love you guys!
This was the best! I love seeing Tianjin and the GOH. We are staying there too! I was able to show my boys where we will be in 3 days!!
Great photos. Internet service must be good...?
She is so lovely. Congrats. Can't wait to meet her in person.
One down, one to go! She is precious and looks like she's got a lot of spunk.
Congratulations!
beyond perfect...many congratulations, she is beautiful.
She is breathtaking and absolutely amazing!!
Mary
Oh Christel, finally! I'm sitting here in tears. She's so precious. The pic of her holding her dollie melted me. You've waited so long for all the "girl" things...just remember, the "mood" is all part of it! :) Give her kisses from us too.
I checked your blog at work and got so tickled, overjoyed and weepy that I just sat there blubbering like a baby until someone asked me what was wrong. Ha ha! What a great reason to cry! =)
Maria is just such a cutie. It's great to see her in "girly" clothes for a change. I love her little "looks of death" that she gives. I bet she's gonna be a sassy little one.
Thanks for posting all the pictures and the details of journey to your family of SIX! (woo hoo!)
Awesome! Simply Awesome! She looks like one of the little girls that came home with Shelby! Way to cute... Love the spiky hair!
Congrats Christel and Jerry! Maria is a dollbaby! I love the pics of her sleeping and with her new dolly. Most precious expressions. We cannot wait to meet her! And look forward to reading about when she meets Kimi... and the boys back home.
Oh she is beautiful!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Maverick also sucks his fingers- but he is doing it less and less already!
She's a doll!! Kiss her for us!
Congratulations on your Tianjin Princess! She is beautiful:)
Post a Comment