Yet, we are going to be sooo happy to be finally getting on that plane!

Today i told the Children's Story at church, and guess what my story was about... Adoption... for National Adoption month! First i told them how many orphans are in the world... according to Unicef statistics, there were 163 MILLION in the world in 2007!!!!! I am positive there are more now! The number is always going up, sadly. Those little kids really don't understand how many that is... in fact i am sure most adults don't even... so to demonstrate i brought a golf ball, an Airplane and and toy rescue truck (because i couldn't find the school bus) I told them that is we had one golf ball for every orphan in the world we would have to fill one of those BIG airplanes EIGHT times!!!!!!!!! Or we could fill 352 school buses with the golf balls!!!!!!!!!!!! For just the orphans in China we could fill one plane or 80 school buses. Now not all of the kids in those statistics are without both parents, according to Unicef (again) only 20 million are without both parents, I don't know if that is right, but it was what i found when i was researching it! 20 million gold balls would fill the bus 80 times, anyways. So very sad! Then i read them a story called "The Long Ride - A Child's Search" Love that book! You flip it over and the other half is the "Family's Search" and guess what... it concerns TWO little girls in an Asian Nation... Such a Great book!!!
But i know of two little girls that will be Orphans NO More in just a few days!!!They are not even going to know what hit them!!! It is going to be such a big change for them!!! I can't wait to see who they are inside! Their personalities, how they act, what their response will be to SOOOO much attention, lots of praise and snuggles!!! ooooooohhhhh!!!!
Did you know that in the Bible it tells us that God made provisions for the orphan and the widow in the Israelite nation? People were to leave the corners of their fields unharvested for the orphan and the widow to glean from, if anything fell to the ground while harvesting they were to leave that too. They also gave about 10 percent (as well as their tithe and offering) of their increase to caring for the poor, the widow, the orphan and the traveler. That's amazing!!!
I will do a small post tomorrow before we leave, but then it might be a day or two before we post again... We arrive there Monday middle of the night (so almost Tuesday), their time. Here at home we are 12 hours behind Beijing. So if it is 1 am on Tuesday there... it will be 1pm Monday afternoon here at home!! I am really looking forward to posting from CHINAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to sign off now... I need to get a bunch done tonight and love on my boys!!!!



3 comments:
We'll be eagerly following your journey. Safe travels and extra prayers from our family!!
I can't wait to see you with your little girls!! Such an exciting time! Safe travels to your little ones...I'll be checking in often!
Praying for ya'll!
Post a Comment